photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Miss Mustards Seed's Inspiration Story

I have been blogging for little over a year now. Like any other bloggers; blogging is a journey for me. At the beginning I did not have any specific intention first time I post my story. I was just looking for a place where I could record the creativity in me. I was an artist and at the time I painted a lot. I thought through blogging I could tell a story about and what behind the art that I created. But painting is not the only hobby I like to do, I like doing many things involving art, craft and design. One lead to another I started to post stories about what I love most like  my vintage china collection, journal art, home decor, cooking,  fashion even my deepest emotion when I about went through a vascular surgery. Now this blog has grown and I think  is still growing. 

In the past there were moments that I was not quite sure about blogging anymore. There were moments that doubt started entering my mind. I was not sure why am I blogging. I lost the purpose of  blogging and where it will go. These feelings came when you see other people's beautiful and successful blogs. How dynamic their blogs are. How beautiful when they composed the words in telling their stories and how beautiful those pictures tucked amongst paragraphs. 

I know blogging is not easy and it takes a long time to develop one. I know because I am in the middle of this blogging journey myself. As a beginner blogger; I think it is important to take  blogging e-course as many as you could. I took blogging e-course Blogging Your Way of Decor8 6 months a go. I think learning from blogging experts is important because not only you will gain technical aspects of blogging but what equally important or may be even more important is the motivation, the drive, the why you want to blog, what it takes to blog successfully, etc. These expert bloggers will tell you the same story of struggle that you are going through at the beginning of blogging. But they have interesting story and mission to share so they kept on going. They built followers and readers and people want to know what they are doing post after post and  story after another.  When I read other successful bloggers' story I learned that they are all share similar story and their advice to us beginner bloggers are; 1. to keep blogging, 2. to be true to yourself, 3. never quit. Eventually your blog will becoming like your personality just like who you are. And with all my heart I truly believe it. And my blog is slowly becoming me, my personality.

I think reading other people's blogs occasionally is very important because you will be inspired and gain an insight about what makes them so motivated and how they go about to do it and what it takes to make a successful blog. And I think this is important to keep you inspire and to be motivated to post your story regularly. And there are tons of bloggers out there for you to be inspired about. 

In this article and on the paragraph You Are Special she wrote;  'You don’t have to be a grammarian, spelling champ or term paper whiz to write a blog post.  Just write the way you speak and let go of the insecurities about it.'

And on other paragraph You Don't Have To Be Anyone Else she wrote; 'You don’t have to measure yourself against the success of others.  I think women do that especially.' 


I remember when I took an e-course blogging from Holly Becker of Decor8, she taught us to NEVER QUIT. And those two words is stuck in my head until now. I can only suggest you take a look at Decor8 e-course. If you are a beginner blogger like myself I can only suggest you taking this e-course, you will not be dissapointed.

Marian is the driving force behind Missmustardseed success. What inspired me is that her beautiful vintage furniture that she madeover herself. Her story is a true inspiration to me. You can read her story {here}








Sources; Missmustardseed

So far blogging has given me so much joy and satisfaction; it is the extention of my day to day feeling of happiness that I know I can share to the world through blogging.  It can be as simple as telling a story about drinking a cup of tea, sharing my vintage finds, or sharing an emotion about my health like I have in the past. The readers out there are your friends, whether they are there or not to read or listen it is not important; let's pretend they are  and that is what  makes me happy.

~~~~

Thank you for reading and have a lovely week-end, Everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!