photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, October 17, 2013

When a dream finally came true......

Today Steven signed the contract for the new house we bought. It means we are officially going to move to a new house by the end of this year.

I never imagined that my life could turn out to be just like wanted to be. When I was single living a lone in Manhattan New York  and was in school 11 years a go {yes I went back to school at later age} I dreamt about marrying someone from New York and have a small house with a small garden and a studio or a working space of my own. When I married Steven 8 years a go; one of those dreams came true but I have not had a garden and a working space of my own. And never had I see it coming, right after I met Steven I suddenly got ill and hospitalized for 2 months in which I had gone under 3 times open heart surgeries.  Never had I imagined it happened to me. Well, it happened on June 2004. It was a long time a go but it sure feels like yesterday.

Looking back, I feel the luckiest person a live. Not only I was saved from the devastated illness that I suffered (thanks to those doctors and their team here in Long Island Jewish Hospital) but  I married to a man exactly like  I used to dream about. Each time I think about this, tears start to pool in my eyes. God must love me very much for He gave me exactly what I asked for.  Thinking back, it was like I meant to be here in New York with Steven and his family but more than that I have amazing doctors who loves me very much. These doctors treat me like a good friend, give me a special care and attention. I am so blessed and so grateful to have such kind people around me. I am an Indonesian woman. I do not have family here; but I must admit that the most kindest people and who helped me immensely  are the people from New York. They are Steven my husband and his family, doctors and their  nurses and Steven's friends whom now are my friends.  I feel blessed, grateful and happy to be here. Sometimes when I am thinking back again and again; I think my sudden illness brought me here permanently . Had I not gotten ill; probably things will be different. Or I can not imagine what would have happened to me had I not lived in New York at the time. I could be in my country or anywhere for that matter. And this kind of treatment or surgery is not available at the time and until now in my country; Indonesia. 

Well, I do believe if you want something so very much and you work for it; it will be coming true. I do not mean by "work" like really work hard to get it. I think it has something to do with your attitude and energy  shows that you want it with great honesty. Because everything from the beginning to the end is about being 'honest' and with pure 'good intention'. And therefor leads to happiness. I am not saying we, Steven and I are always happy. We have our moments, but whose not! I can feel that this positive energy is still brewing for other things that I want to happen in life might happen again, one day!

I  am thinking about writing my autobiography, because there is something inspiring about it. It is always in the back of my mind. Perhaps one day.

Do you believe in positive energy? Do you have similar story where something spiritually had happened to you in real life just like you want it to be?









 

Happy Thursday Everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by!


 photo Linkedto_zps7da192d4.jpg


 MONDAY

Pursuit of Functional Home by Judy
Twelve O Eight {Inspiration Monday} by Tanya
Lines Across {Monday Funday} by Rachel
Sumo's Sweet Stuff by Sumo
It's So Very Cheri {It's Party Time}
Creative Mondays by Claire
The Dedicated House {Make It Pretty Monday} by Kathryn
Home Coming {The DIY'ers}

TUESDAY
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia by Kristin
The Blackberry Vine {Tuesday To Do Party)
Lady Bug Blessings {Handmade Tuesday} by Kristen
Not Just A Housewife {Show Me What Ya Got} by Stacy
Cup Cakes And Crinoline {Project Inspired} by Mary Beth 
A stroll Thru Life {Inspire Me Tuesday} by Marty

WEDNESDAY
The Blissful Bee {Work It Wednesday} by Amy
The NY Melrose Family {Whimsy Wednesday}
Savvy Southern Style {Wow Us Wednesday} by Kim
Raegun Ramblings

The Trendy Tree House {Create and Share} by Tara
Clean And Scentsible {Inspiration Exchange} by Jenn
Green Willow Pond {What We Accomplished Wednesday} by Deborah

The 36th Avenue {The 36th Party} by Desiree
The Diary of a Real Housewife {The Blogger's Diagest} by Jennie

The Pleated Poppy {What I Wore Wednesday} by Lindsey 

THURSDAY
52 Mantels {Thursday Are Your Days} by Emily
The Charm of Home {Home Sweet Home} by Shery
 Creating an Artful Home by Jen
French Country Cottage {Feathered Nest Friday} by Courtney
My Romantic Home {Show and Tell Friday) by Cindy
Chic on a Shoe String Decorating {Flaunt It Friday} by Kate
One Artsy Mama {Shine on Friday} by Amy
The Grant Life {The Life of the Party} by Kelley
Saving 4 Six (Welcome To Think Tank Thursday) by Carrie 
Made to be a Momma {Homemade by You} by Katie 
The Shabby Creek Cottage {Transformation Thursday} by Gina
A Glimpse Inside by Allison

Perfectly Coutured {Three-fer Thursday} by Bethany

FRIDAY
Dear Creatives {Inspiration Spotlight} by Theresa
If It's Not Baroque {Week End Creativity Round Up} by Lauren
The Dedicated House {Anything Blue Friday} by Kathryn 
A night Owl {Create and Inspire} by Kimberly
Craftberry Bush  {The Inspiration Gallery} by Lucy
Happy Hour Project {Happy Hour Friday} by Adrienne
Diana Rambles {Pin Me Linky Party} by Diana
Truly Lovely {Fancy This Friday} by Kassy and Kayli
Finding Fabulous {Frugalicious Friday} 
504 Main {Tickled Pink} by Holly 
A Stylish Interior (Stylish Friday Finds} by Karen 
Little Inspiration {Create & Inspire} by Kimberly and Angie

The Mrs and The Momma {The Best of Friday} by Kristen

SATURDAY

Suburbs Mama {Suburbs Mama Sunday} by Rita
Nifty Thrifty Things {Nifty Thrifty Sunday} by Vanessa
Flamingo Toes {Think Pink Sunday} by Bev
Pink When {DIY Sunday Showcase} by Jennifer
I Heart Nap Time {Sundae Scoop}
Twigg Studios  {Sunday Show Off} by Aimee
Crafts A la Mode 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new house! How awesome that you are going to have a little garden and studio! You truly are blessed friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!